Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ode to Juan Valdez

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is pretty much how my brain feels most mornings. I need some coffee.



My brain is like a lazy hobo
wandering around from place to place
babbling nonstop crazy nonsense
and swiging bum wine
till it collapses in a sodden heap
refusing to move and stinking up the joint.

And so I reach for the coffee
and make it extra strong.
Because caffeine works like a great big cop
who prods my brain awake with a swift kick to the ass
and a hissed suggestion.
"Get moving, Rummy!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should work along int here somehow. I think we must share the same brain.

Warped Mind of Ron said...

Boy I wish I had a broken chair like his so I could relax, but Noooooo.... here I am at work. They don't want me sleeeping, darn them I don't go around telling them what they can and can't do why they's got to be hating on me like that.

WendyB said...

I'm waiting for the Heather Mills stanza.

D.O.M. Dan said...

The closest thing I've seen to someone in that position in relation to a chair was in the Maniac video.

Krissyface said...

I write the same poem to coffee in my brain every morning. Only in my poem I am a hooker passed out in a holding cell, instead of a rumhead on a street corner. Same diff though. Thanks, chock fulla nuts!

Diane said...

I bribe my dogs with treats in the morning so that I can enjoy one big cup of good coffee - with a combo of half and half and vanilla creamer, b/4 we head out for a walk

Prunella Jones said...

The Paul Newman brand of organic coffees are really good. A cup of that and an Adderall will really get an old bum moving.