God, I love the world wide web. When I'm not busy spinning on a stripper's pole, or flashing my boobs in a blog post, I like to surf the internet. I have so many sites bookmarked that it's getting to be a chore to find anything. I tried to delete a few things this morning, but it's hard to let go. Here are some of my favorites that you might not have heard of:
1) stitchymcyarnpants - I've been meaning to tell my knitting friends (LA and Diane) about this one for ages. This site is dedicated to displaying all of the amazingly craptaastic things people have made with yarn through the ages. Man, do I wish I knew how to crochet so I could make one of those frog purses. It's gor-gee-ous. Plus the commentary is hilarious.
2) rate my turban - what can I say about this? Some days you just feel like rating a turban. I really like the guy with the pink turban best. He has a sassy attitude.
3) taphophilia.(dot)com - this is described as a repository of morbid curiosities, thanatology, cemetary, funeral industry, and death related news. I think it's really interesting as I am a weirdo like that. Check it out if you dare!
4) snopes.com - this site is a great reference source for urban legends, and folklore. I like the section on Coca-cola a lot.
5) world beard and moustache championships - Hawt!
6) wild recipes - full of recipes for the worst sounding food you can imagine. If you've always wanted to learn how to make headcheese, then you must check it out. Hint: there is hog head and tongue in it.
7) a soviet poster a day - basically some guy posts a soviet poster everyday and tells you what it means. Well...I find it interesting anyway.
So tell me, what strange sites do you have bookmarked and why do you like them?